Friday, June 7, 2013

My Thoughts on Make Up

So I figured out something to write about. I think this one should actually have depth. I wish I was a better writer, but oh well. Beware: This is a very bitter post.

Make up.

This is Eva Longoria both with and without make up.
I am NOT using this picture to say that Eva is more beautiful with make up. I am using it to say that she is less beautiful with make up. 


There's this blog called "The Rules Revisited" that's written by this guy who thinks he knows how every guy in the world thinks. He has a post entitled "What Men Think of You Without Makeup". Can I first just say that if you "grow less disappointed" in something, it actually means that you're getting more proud of it, right? I don't know. I just feel like this guy is an idiot. It also doesn't make sense that he first says women are incorrect in believing that men are more turned on by seeing you in your natural state. Yet later he states that it is intimate to see a girl without make up. He tells us to not use the second one as an excuse, but to me it just sounds like this fool can't make up (punny ha!) his mind. I just stumbled across his blog and it's rather amazing how much it aggravates me. This is a description of his blog:

I've dated countless women and it has always amazed me how little they know about men. If nothing else, this blog is an outlet for voicing my astonishment at the typical female's ignorance of the male mindset. At most, it is a reliable source of information for women who want to improve their chances with the opposite sex.

If that doesn't make you feel good about yourself as a woman, I don't know what will. He also says that us "taking a break from being beautiful for him" (not wearing make up) is exactly like him taking a break from being confident for us. WHAT THE FREAKING POOP??? I am fairly positive that confidence is part of your personality. It's not just something that you generally pick up and set down on command. You can't just "take a break" from confidence for the heck of it. Wearing make up on the other hand, is something that you physically have to do. It's an extra step every morning. Whereas you cannot put on confidence, you must put on make up. I do not even think the two are comparable. Not to mention, BEAUTY IS NOT MAKE UP. It shows how truly shallow this guy is if he thinks that we are immediately not beautiful without make up. I was talking to someone just today that said some girls "need" make up, because they feel so insecure without it. It's because of guys like this that we feel that way.

Can I share with you the reasons why I choose NOT to wear make up? I don't even care if you said no. Here it goes.

1. It takes so much pooping time. You know how long it takes me to get ready in the morning? Probably about 10-20. If guys think that it doesn't take time to do make up, they are mistaken. I have sat with girls who have been wearing make up for a good 8 years or so, and it still takes them AT LEAST 20 minutes and that's not when they're going out either. Also, you have to take it off every night. That probably adds up to like 7 months of your life spent on makeup (I really have no idea, but think about it). 
2. It's money that doesn't need to be spent. Period.
3. Let's be honest here. In high school, it was always  SO apparent when a girl was sick/tired/grounded. This is because of the immense difference make up makes. I'm just saying, I would much rather have people be surprised, because I look better than normal, rather than surprised in a negative way.
4. I would like for my husband to fall in love with my makeupless face. He's going to be seeing a lot of it, so he might as well think I'm beautiful in it. If dumb "I know everything about everything" boy is right though, I am never going to get married, because I will never be beautiful without make up.
5. I get compliments on my skin quite often. I believe that this is because I choose not to wear make up. Make up gets you into this vicious cycle where it causes more blemishes, and then you put more on to cover up those blemishes over and over again.
6. I in no way feel like myself when wearing make up. I'll admit, occasionally, when dressing up, it can be fun. But if I'm going to the grocery store, there is absolutely no reason for me to be wearing make up. Thus, it makes me uncomfortable. 

So, I encourage women to throw out the idea that they have to get dolled up for sex. That we all should "take great pleasure in adorning ourselves". That men don't expect as to look hot without make up. 

You are beautiful. 

And with that. I'm out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment