Monday, June 30, 2014

Day 3: The Middle of the Earth

12/28/13

  We have arrived! I had a little experience with my water bottle shortly after I ended with you all. Basically I opened it and water shot everywhere. Including the poor souls in front of me and the lady walking by. Then customs took a while, but we didn't have to go through security! Guess we don't look suspicious enough. Next we had a very important moment of greeting Julz!





So after our sleep in a real bed, we got up and ate. Then blah, blah, blah. Went for a walk, ate lunch. Some interesting things: 1. I am thankful I'm not the one that has to drive here. Her dad is a super expert at it. 2. People pull over to pee. That's cool. 3. Julz told me that the houses here look like they're finished, but they are. They just don't want to spend money on the outside of their houses.

We also went to the equator and took a tour (with an english speaking guide). The equator does some cool things like no resistance. Ha! Anyways, it's beautiful here and I'm quite enjoying it. And learning a lot! Hopefully I'll have more Spanish vocab ready when I get back!


No comments:

Post a Comment